Established in 2018, Akkara Foundation Bekal is a Non-profitable Organization based at Bekal in Kasaragod District of Kerala. The trust has been formed primarily to initiate medical and psycho-social assistance in the upliftment of physically and mentally challenged.
Centre for Child Development focuses on the rehabilitation of children with special needs in a multidisciplinary approach. The rehabilitation team includes well-trained professionals will assess the child’s physical, mental and psychological problems and plan the rehab program. The multidisciplinary team includes Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists Psychologists and Special Educators works in a dedicated manner for the complete rehabilitation of the specially-abled child.The main focus is on the disorders like Cerebral Palsy, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Down syndrome, ADHD, LD and other various paediatric neurological disorders
Some of the Success Stories
Throughout my childhood I have enjoyed reading books. It has turned out to be such a hobby that I find it hard not to pick one up. Even when sickness started to take control of my body and I found it hard to walk, books have always been a source of distraction and comfort. Moreover, reading is helping me in improving my self confidence.
This is Baby Rahila, a 4-year-old girl with cerebral palsy. When she came to Akkara Foundation in December 2018, she could not stand or walk without any help. Today, by the help of Physiotherapy ath the begining stage, she walks, runs, climbs, talks and studies without anyone's help. We have only given continuous therapy such as Physiotherapy, Speech Therapy, Special Education & Psychological and behavioural Therapy. She is the hope of every parent.
- Empowerment of visually impaired, differently abled and underprivileged people through developmental initiatives focussing on the psychological, medical, educational, social, economic, cultural and technological aspects.
- Make a gentle intervention among the physically and mentally challenged people, catalysed by tragic and longest running pesticide poisoning deadly endosulfan in and around Kerala and Karnataka state where the government support is minimal.
- Set up a Philanthropy platform to support the differently abled and their suffering community and empower them to a future free of hunger, suffering, and abuse.
- An inclusive society free from discrimination where persons with disabilities become contributing members, living with dignity and respect.
- To support the differently abled in all dimensions and empower them to eradicate poverty and ensure social justice through sustainable people’s organisation.
- Our people are our resources and if each one of us commits to giving regularly, we will be strong enough to solve our problems.
- Specialize in the intensive rehabilitation of children and young adults with Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Muscular dystrophy, Developmental disorders, Epilepsy, other Neurological and Locomotor disorders and undiagnosed conditions.
- Promote and encourage public interest with regards to the abilities, limitations, achievements, and needs of differently abled individuals.
Akkara Foundation expects to complete a full-fledged therapy centre with International Standards. Specializing in the intensive rehabilitation of children and adults with Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Muscular dystrophy, Developmental disorders, Epilepsy, Neurological and Locomotor disorders and undiagnosed conditions as part of the project.
Akkara Foundation by 2025 wishes to set up vocational training centres, polytechnic college for the disabled, higher educational institutes for the blind, visually impaired, deaf and dumb.
A Rehabilitation centre for the mentally and physically challenged aged persons where they become contributing members living with dignity and respect is another dream project.
Akkara Foundation wants to address public interest in the knowledge of the abilities, limitations, achievements, and needs of the disabled persons through grassroot volunteering in the villages.
News & Events
Throughout my childhood I have enjoyed reading books. It has turned out to be such a hobby that I find it hard not to pick one up. Even when sickness started to take control of my body and I found it hard to walk, books have always been a source of distraction and comfort. Moreover, reading is helping me in improving my self confidence. Recently, members of Akkara Foundation visited me. Witnessing my interest in reading and to gain knowledge they helped me in setting up a small library at home and gave me books related to the topics that interests me. Thus helping in adding a new dimension to my hobby of reading. I am thankful to Akkara Foundation for all their support in encouraging my hobby by providing me with books at my home.Soumya Shree
It's been almost one month I am getting my physiotherapy at Akkara Foundation Centre for Child Development. From day one, I am feeling a betterment in my health. And I am cent percent satisfied of their service.Ishfana Shirin
I have been coming to Akkara Foundation for 5 months. By the grace of God, Now my daughter has undergone minor changes. I am terribly happy to be here. The staffs are very friendly with all. Specially Physio physicians Jinil & Nikhil. Everyone will take good care of the children.Mother of Zeba
Centre for Child DevelopmentAkkare Foundation Kottoor (P.O), Muliyar Kasaragod, Kerala, India Pincode: 671542