Established in 2018, Akkara Foundation Bekal is a Non-profitable Organization based at Bekal in Kasaragod District of Kerala. The trust has been formed primarily to initiate medical and psycho-social assistance in the upliftment of physically and mentally challenged.
There are hundreds of cases reported the category of Cerebral Palsy and other pediatric disabilities in our society. Some children experience difficulties in school, ranging from physical differences, problems with concentration, learning, speech, language, and perception to problems with behavior and/or making and keeping friends. These difficulties may be due to physical disorders, psychiatric disorders, emotional problems, behavioral problems and may be learning differences as well. Most of them are not treated on time. The reasons range from Poverty to illiteracy. Our aim is to build an Institution with State-of-the-Art facilities so that they get the right life support.
Kasaragod district is in the Northern ebb of the State of Kerala in India. The locales health, education, and rural sectors are under developed and the area also suffers from Endosulfan tragedy. Endosulfan tragedy and lack of adequate services have left the victims of the mishap in an utter state of despair. According to national human rights commission, more than 50000 villagers of Kasaragod district are exposed to Endosulfan pesticides, most of them affected by rare diseases like cerebral palsy, mental retardation, neurodevelopmental disorders, and cancer. At present hundreds of newborns are being reported to be suffering from such disabilities.
- Social Justice
- Lead this worldly life in harmony with the almighty’s will and thereby achieve peace in his world and everlasting success in the life of the hereafter.
- Love for others what you love yourself.
- Righteousness to speak justly in any context.
- Moral behaviour which leads to the moral health of the society.
- Honesty & Hard work
- Affection & Trust
- Respect & Human Rights
- Excellence in all spheres of service
- Empowerment of visually impaired, differently abled and underprivileged people through developmental initiatives focussing on the psychological, medical, educational, social, economic, cultural and technological aspects.
- Make a gentle intervention among the physically and mentally challenged people, catalysed by tragic and longest running pesticide poisoning deadly endosulfan in and around Kerala and Karnataka state where the government support is minimal.
- Set up a Philanthropy platform to support the differently abled and their suffering community and empower them to a future free of hunger, suffering, and abuse.
- An inclusive society free from discrimination where persons with disabilities become contributing members, living with dignity and respect.
- To support the differently abled in all dimensions and empower them to eradicate poverty and ensure social justice through sustainable people’s organisation.
- Our people are our resources and if each one of us commits to giving regularly, we will be strong enough to solve our problems.
- Specialize in the intensive rehabilitation of children and young adults with Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Muscular dystrophy, Developmental disorders, Epilepsy, other Neurological and Locomotor disorders and undiagnosed conditions.
- Promote and encourage public interest with regards to the abilities, limitations, achievements, and needs of differently abled individuals.
Akkara Foundation expects to complete a full-fledged therapy centre with International Standards. Specializing in the intensive rehabilitation of children and adults with Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Muscular dystrophy, Developmental disorders, Epilepsy, Neurological and Locomotor disorders and undiagnosed conditions as part of the project.
Akkara Foundation by 2025 wishes to set up vocational training centres, polytechnic college for the disabled, higher educational institutes for the blind, visually impaired, deaf and dumb.
A Rehabilitation centre for the mentally and physically challenged aged persons where they become contributing members living with dignity and respect is another dream project.
Akkara Foundation wants to address public interest in the knowledge of the abilities, limitations, achievements, and needs of the disabled persons through grassroot volunteering in the villages.